*Employment - Legal Assistants/Paralegals
- Pima County Attorney's office, is seeking a Paralegal or Legal Assistant An Associate’s degree from an accredited college as a Paralegal or Legal Assistant. OR A certificate of completion in Paralegal or Legal Assistant studies from an American Bar Association (ABA) approved program at an accredited college or university. OR An Associate's, Bachelor's or Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a related field such as law, business, legal secretary, criminal justice, political science, interdisciplinary studies, regional development, communications and 1 year of experience working in a legal setting, under direction of an attorney, performing functions consistent with paralegal or legal assistant duties. OR One year of experience with Pima County as a Legal Assistant.
DUTIES: Performs paraprofessional legal work assisting attorneys in case preparation. Work ranges from handling routine assignments to autonomous decision making in coordinating, processing and monitoring complex and specialized legal casework.
OPEN FOR CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT
PARALEGAL SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION IS REQUIRED WITH COMPLETED APPLICATION.
To apply please follow this link: http://webcms.pima.gov/cms/One.aspx?portalId=169&pageId=2883
- The City of Phoenix, is seeking a Legal Assistant (Paralegal)
Job Title: Legal Assistant (Paralegal)
Job ID: 11160
Legal Assistants work independently and as part of a team to assist civil or criminal division’s attorney staff in technical assignments including: preparing and reviewing records and legal documents; locating and interviewing witnesses, assisting in case preparation; analyzing, interpreting, and reporting research findings; investigating evidentiary problems; drafting written briefs, motions, opinions; and researching legal precedents, legal opinions, and statutes. Reviews and organizes medical records, manages discovery, and prepares Civil (Rule 26.1) and/or Criminal (Rule 15) Disclosure Statements. Vacancies are anticipated over the life of this eligible-to-hire list.
Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications. First review of applications will occur the week of June 23,2014.
$19.55 (minimum) - $28.67 (maximum) hourly / $40,664 - $59,634 annually.
• An associate of arts and sciences degree in a legal assistant program or a related field
• Or a combination of experience and training equal to completion of a two year legal assistant educational program, supplemented by courses and/or practical experience in paralegal responsibilities, tort claims, or criminal law, the criminal justice system, and legal research and writing
• An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – Depending on the assignment, the job requirements listed above, plus:
• Knowledge and experience in municipal law
• Knowledge of procedures, functions, and inter-relationships of the criminal justice system
• Knowledge of employment law and/or tort actions and familiarity with Arizona Civil and Criminal Rules
• Knowledge and experience in complying with discovery requirements
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your legal area of specialty as well as your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT.
Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Center at (602) 262-6277.
Legal Assistant, Job Code #10030, ID 11160, 6/8/14, AB, Benefits Code: 003
City of Phoenix employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wtx89hd