Employment - Attorneys
- The City of Goodyear Prosecutor's Office invites applications for the position of Assistant City Prosecutor. The Assistant City Prosecutor prosecutes misdemeanor criminal, civil traffic and municipal code and zoning cases with the goal of administering justice and advocating for victim's rights.
-Initiate civil, criminal, city code/zoning, or probation violation charges;
-Review/prepare cases for arraignments, pre-trial conferences, and probation violation;
-Participate in arraignments and pre-trial conferences;
-Prepare cases for trial/restitution/sentencing/probation hearings;
-Participate in civil traffic hearings, code and zoning hearings, bench trials, jury trials, and probation violation hearings;
-Research, write, and argue legal motions, appeals, special actions, and petitions for review;
-Attend law/code enforcement meetings;
-Participate in competency hearings.
$2,572.34 - $3,818.66 Biweekly
$66,880.94 - $99,285.06 Annually
Hiring Salary Range: $66,880.94 - $83,082.99
Candidates must hold a Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited college and must be admitted to, and be a member in good standing, with the State Bar of Arizona. A minimum of three years experience in a related field is required. Must possess a valid Arizona Driver's License.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated working knowledge of the principles of criminal law, victim advocacy, the rules of evidence, trial practice, legal research, and appellate work. The ideal candidate will be a hardworking, results-oriented individual who has the ability to work within a team environment, has a demonstrated knowledge of the principles of criminal law, victim advocacy, rules of evidence, trial practice, and appellate work. The candidate will possess excellent research, writing, and legal reasoning ability and be capable of assuming independent responsibility of legal matters with limited supervision.
Only a limited number of the most highly qualified applicants meeting the City's requirements will be invited for an interview.
Examination process for this position will include an interview and skills assessment.
FIRST YEAR OBJECTIVES
-Learn about and complete all regular responsibilities listed in the Job Description and specifically accomplish the following major objectives:
-Become familiar with victim rights laws.
-Become familiar with Arizona’s DUI and traffic laws.
-Successfully participate in pre-trial conferences and regularly scheduled court hearings.
-Become familiar with prosecution case management systems (Lawbase & Worldocs).
-Represent City in bench/jury trials.
-Evaluate longform submittals.
-Participate in a police ride-along with a Goodyear DUI officer.
-Attend police meetings as needed.
-Conduct legal research and write motions, appeals, special actions, and petitions for review.
-Participate in evidentiary hearings and oral arguments.
-Complete mandatory City training on blood borne pathogens, ethics, customer service, and harassment prevention.
-Assist Office in creating policies and procedures that improve operations/efficiency, and streamline work processes.
-Perform all other responsibilities assigned by the Goodyear City Prosecutor.
The City of Goodyear is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any applicant requiring additional assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department for accommodations. Prior to appointment, selected candidate(s) must pass a motor vehicle record check, criminal history check, and, if necessary for the position, a physical evaluation and/or credit history check. The City of Goodyear supports a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
The Smoke-Free Arizona Act is to protect Arizonans from the harmful effects of second-hand smoke; therefore, the City of Goodyear prohibits smoking in all designated "no smoking" areas, including enclosed areas and areas within 20 feet of the entrances (except for patios). www.smokefreearizona.org (A.R.S. § 36-601.01)
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
190 North Litchfield Road, P.O. Box 5100
Goodyear, AZ 85338
Issue Date: 08/25/2014
Final Filing Date: 09/09/2014 05:00 PM
- The Pima County Attorney's Office, is actively recruiting for Attorney-Unclassified (7660) in their Criminal Division. The Criminal Division prosecutes misdemeanors, felonies, and juvenile cases.
Employment status is full time and is not subject to the Pima County Merit System Rules.
Desired Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited school of law. Admission to the Arizona State Bar at time of appointment.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
This recruitment is open until filled
To apply please follow this link: http://webcms.pima.gov/cms/One.aspx?portalId=169&pageId=2883
- The Pinal County Attorney's Office, is actively recruiting for a Civil Attorney. The Civil Attorney performs legal work of considerable difficulty in the prosecution or defending civil and/or criminal cases and advising on legal matters; performs related work as required or assigned. This is an Advanced Working/Journey position works under general supervision of a Bureau Chief. Positions at this level are assigned to perform the more complex and sensitive duties in the occupational field. This position is not covered under the Pinal County Merit System. Incumbents in this position serve at the pleasure of their respective Appointing Authority. The employment relationship of incumbents in this position is "at will" the employee may be terminated at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. The employee in this position may be assigned to train other employees and/or monitor the work produced by other employees. The employee performs diverse duties of an advanced and specialized nature. Judgment must be exercised in analyzing facts or circumstances surrounding issues. Work often requires development of recommendations and independent actions consistent with policies, general directives, and broad regulations. The decisions made affect the operations of the work unit and the organization. Discretion is required in the application of policies, procedures, and guidelines, and in selection of appropriate resources for use in accomplishing assigned work.
Five years relevant experience in the public or private practice of law.
Current member of the State Bar of Arizona
- Principles and procedures of the Arizona justice system
- The application of statutes and legal precedents.
- Legal and administrative proceedings.
- The preparation of legal defense and prosecution.
- Effectively manage and administer.
- Develop organizational goals and objectives.
- Deliver Public Speeches.
- Render logical, clear, and effective arguments.
- Interpret statues, case histories, and various laws.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management or public groups.
This recruitment is open until filled
To apply follow this link: https://www.pinaljobs.com/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
- The Yuma County Attorney's Office, currently has positions available for Senior Trial Attorneys. For more information about these positions, please click on the following link: Recruitment Announcement